A Collection of Articles About the Possibility of War with Iran
- Raising Their Voices: Iranian Civil Society Reflections on the Military Option: If a war were to take place right now, the atmosphere would definitely become more restricted and more limitations would be imposed upon intellectuals, human rights activists, social elites and students. If the West wishes to realize democracy, freedom, and human rights worldwide it should consider options other than war.
- Madness and Disaster: No War with Iran! By Bill Flether
- Iran Primer from U.S. Institute for “Peace” some good information, but must be read with a grain of salt as the perspective comes from a U.S. use of force perspective.
- Panetta says Iran enriching uranium but no decision yet on proceeding with a nuclear weapon – February 16,2012 Associated Press article
- Senators pledge to back Obama if he attacks Iran to halt nuclear program – February 16, 2012 article from The Hill’s Defense Blog
- 32 senators call for ‘no containment’ strategy for Iran – February 16, 2012 article from Foreign Policy Magazine
- Does AIPAC Want War? Lieberman “Capability” Red Line May Tip AIPAC’s Hand– by Robert Naiman, February 22, 2012, Huffington Post
- The US, Israel, and the War on Iran: Don’t Let Them Fool Us Again! – by Rami El-Amine, February 10, 2012, Left Turn Magazine
- We’ve seen the threats against Iran before – by Phyllis Bennis, February 19, 2012, Al Jazeera
- Will AIPAC and Bibi get their war? – by MJ Rosenberg, February 12, 2012, Al Jazeera
- Why Aren’t We Negotiating With Iran? Foreign Policy: Michael M. Walt
- Is Iran the Root of All Evil Glenn Greenwald: Salon
Other Actions From Endorsing Organizations
- Peace Action: Petition to Stop War with Iran
- Code Pink: We Need Diplomacy With Iran Not War
- FCNL: FAQ on Iran
- Pax Christi: Why War with Iran is Wrong
Raising Their Voices Fact Sheet (Download PDF of report here.)
Statement for the Record on the Worldwide Threat Assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Community for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence – In this January 31, 2012 testimony to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence on the most recent Worldwide Threat Assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Community, Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper said, “We continue to assess Iran is keeping open the option to develop nuclear weapons in part by developing various nuclear capabilities that better position it to produce such weapons, should it choose to do so. We do not know, however, if Iran will eventually decide to build nuclear weapons.”
Iran in the Crosshairs: How to Prevent Washington’s Next War, a Primer by Phyllis Bennis, Institute for Policy Studies – Though written in 2008, this document is still extremely relevant and provides a lot of good background information on U.S. foreign policy towards Iran, as well as providing facts about Iran’s nuclear capability and the role of Israel.
Network of Iranian Labor Units: NILU is an independent labor organization involved in several unionization drives in Iran. In addition, we are dedicated to providing assistance to Iran’s fledging trade union movement with expertise, resources, information, and international trade union support. This is done through our website